Beatport Streaming is now available in rekordbox 6.0.1 and later.
To connect Beatport Streaming to rekordbox, you will need a rekordbox dj license. This will allow you to access the performance features and let you perform with a compatible controller.
Here are a few tips for getting started:
Download rekordbox here and install onto your preferred computer.
Connect Beatport Streaming to rekordbox
- Open rekordbox.
- Make sure you are in “Performance Mode” by clicking the mode menu in the top left corner, next to the rekordbox icon.
- Go to rekordbox “Preferences” by clicking the cogwheel in the top right corner.
- In the layout section, make sure “Beatport” is checked.
- Close the “Preferences” window.
- Locate “Beatport” in the library browser on the left side and select “Log in”.
- Log in to your Beatport account via the pop up browser.
- Sign in with your Beatport account or activate your free trial. A new browser will open.
- After login, return to rekordbox.
- rekordbox will show you a “library loading” notification. You’re now connected!
Using the Beatport catalog in rekordbox
- Click the Beatport directory in the left browser of rekordbox.
- Use the search bar on the right side of rekordbox to search for any track title or artist in the Beatport catalog.
- You can load any of the results into a deck for instant playback.
- Click the down-arrow next to the Beatport directory to expand the curated charts, playlists, genres, and offline locker.
- That’s it! You’re ready to rock.
Discover our playlists
Beatport has created hundreds of custom playlists for you to DJ with. Load any of our playlists into your rekordbox with these simple steps:
- Go to dj.eatport.com and log in.
- Go to the Playlists page and click “Save Playlist” on any playlist you would like to add.
- Go back to rekordbox and refresh the Beatport directory.
- The playlist will appear in your rekordbox browser under Beatport > Playlists.
- You can add or remove any tracks from this playlist from the “My Library > Playlists” section of Beatport.com.
Create your own playlists
It’s easy to create and update your own custom playlists. Follow these steps to get started:
- Login to Beatport.com.
- Find a track that you would like to start your playlist with and click the down arrow next to the price.
- Click “Create a playlist” to start a new playlist, or “Add to playlist” to add to an existing playlist.
- For new playlists, enter a name and click “Save”.
- If adding to an existing playlist, check the box next to each playlist that you want the track added to.
- You can view your playlists by clicking the “My Library” icon in the top bar, next to your cart.
- From here, you can edit your playlists by changing their names, or by adding or removing tracks.
- Once you’ve built your playlist, go back to rekordbox.
- Refresh the “Beatport” directory within the rekordbox browser and your playlist will appear.
How to use the offline locker in rekordbox
Offline locker storage is available for Advanced and Professional subscribers only.
Beatport Streaming is the only streaming service that allows DJs to store music offline for playback without an internet connection. To add tracks to your locker, follow these simple steps:
- In rekordbox, expand the Beatport directory in the left browser.
- Find a track by using the search bar, or select from the categories within the Beatport directory.
- Right-click on the track you would like to use offline, and click “Store Offline”.
- The track will now appear in the “Beatport Locker” folder.
- You can store multiple tracks offline at once by batch-selecting them and following the same steps.
- You can now play any track in this folder, even without an internet connection!
rekordbox Compatible Hardware
For a full list of compatible hardware, visit: https://rekordbox.com/en/support/link/
Need help? Contact us